Read our guide below on undergraduate fees and funding for our BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism degree.

All eligible full-time undergraduates can apply for a loan to cover their tuition fees. The loan will be paid directly to the University and your household income has no impact on the amount available.

You might also be entitled to a maintenance grant which could help cover living costs like your rent, books and travel.

Loan repayments

You will start to repay your loan once you are earning £25,000 or more per year and you have been graduated for one year. You will then pay 9% monthly of any income over £25,000.

If your income dropped below £25,000 then your repayments would stop. Student finance doesn’t impact on any mortgage applications.

Maintenance grants

Full-time students may also be entitled to a maintenance grant towards living costs while studying. The amount you are entitled to is means-tested based on your family’s income.

How and when to apply for student finance 2023/24

You can apply now for funding through Student Finance for our BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism degree. The deadline for applications for new students is usually the end of May. For continuing students you have until Friday 23 June 2023.

You can still apply after the deadline but you might only receive the minimum amount of funding until SFE can fully asses your application.

See here for more information on how to apply.

Applications will take at least six weeks to be processed, but they’ll do an initial assessment so you have some money as close to the start of the course as possible.

In order to apply you’ll need a valid UK passport (if you have one) your course details, your bank account details and your National Insurance number.

You can apply for student finance using your preferred course details, and update any details later if you need to. If you’re applying for a Maintenance Grant you’ll also need your parents’ (or partner’s) National Insurance numbers and information about their income.

You might also be able to apply for extra help such as the Disabled Students’ Allowance, a Childcare Grant or Parents’ Learning Allowance if you have children, or an Adult Dependants’ Grant if you have adults who depend on you financially.

For further information and information on undergraduate fees and funding, please call the student and admissions office on 0203 026 3781.